- Newly purchased Real Nappies need to be prewashed - we would recommend at least twice – this is needed for the nappy to reach its full absorbency.
- Store used nappies in a lidded bucket – no need to soak, in fact traditional ‘nappisan’ can damage Velcro and modern fabrics.
- If time is against you synthetic fabrics e.g. microfibre or fleece dry most quickly and can be dry to the touch after a good spin cycle.
- Sometimes tumble drying is unavoidable but a few hours of air drying can reduce drying times significantly.
- Remember that if you have an economy 7 meter your electricity is much cheaper between midnight and 7 am.
Real Nappies out and about
- Use paper liners when out so that any poo can either be disposed of immediately or as soon as you reach your next toilet stop.
- A waterproof Real Nappy bag is ideal for storing wets until you get home, but if you dont have one try using a plastic bag tied up, a reusable ziplock bag, (available from most supermarkets) or even a marked plastic container or Tupperware.
- The secret to night-time nappies is the combination of the absorbent layer plus a comfortable close-fitting wrap.
- For a naturally absorbent booster pad try one made from bamboo or hemp.
- The best way to prevent nappy rash is to change the nappy frequently. Prolonged skin contact with soiled nappies is the main cause of sore bums!
- Watch our video for some more Top Tips from Real Nappy users!
Useful LinksWashing Guidelines
Eco Nappy Actions
More Money Saving